Who Is Hiring? 84 Lumber Is Hosting Job Fair
The building materials supplier has openings in retail stores and manufacturing plants.
84 Lumber is hosting a hiring event on Tuesday, April 27 to fill 30 open positions across its 17 stores and one manufacturing plant within 50 miles of Pittsburgh. The hiring event runs from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Hampton Inn, 150 Old Pond Road, in Bridgeville. Candidates are asked to register here in advance.
- Manager Trainees enter an intensive, one-on-one, on-the-job training program that puts them on a path to become future leaders within the company. Starting compensation is more than $40,000 per year.
- Lumber yard, warehouse and production associates need no prior experience and perform essential functions from the management of supply shipments to the operation of equipment. Production associates work in the manufacturing processes related to engineered wood products, trusses, and components. These associates can expect a starting pay of between $12 and $17 per hour based on experience.
- Drivers load trucks and deliver materials to customer job sites. Hourly pay for the job is between $12 and $17 per hour, depending on experience.
- Office/operations manager positions can serve as a springboard into the different departments at 84 Lumber’s headquarters, including Pricing, Inventory Management, Human Resources, and Purchasing. Starting pay is between $38,000 to $40,000 annually, depending on experience.
- Field operations managers assist with operations projects at various locations. Starting pay is $45,000 to $50,000, depending on experience.
Job fair attendees must wear a mask and will be required to practice social distancing. In addition, candidates will be required to undergo a background check and drug screening prior to receiving an offer of employment.