Pittsburgh Cultural Trust Updates Its COVID-19 Restrictions
Entry requirements like masking and proof of vaccination will change on April 4.
As the COVID-19 positivity rate remains low in Allegheny County, the Cultural Trust announced this week that it will make some changes to its entry requirements.
Previously, proof of vaccination, proof of a negative COVID test and masking were required uniformly across the district’s multiple venues, which include the Benedum Center and Heinz Hall, among others. But now, mitigation measures will be determined on a per-event basis, as set by the artist or promoter of the show or event. These changes will go into effect on April 4.
“This decision was made in response to low positivity levels in Allegheny County. We will continually monitor CDC, state and local health requirements and adjust as necessary,” the Cultural Trust, which oversees and maintains the Cultural District venues, wrote on its website. It adds that individual touring productions may have their own health and safety requirements, and that updates will be noted on individual event pages and in pre-show emails, if applicable.
Still, anyone who is feeling sick or experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms is encouraged to stay home and contact the box office for ticketing options.
“Fully vaccinated” means on the day of the performance, a guest is at least 14 days out from their second dose of an approved two-dose vaccine or their first dose of an approved single-dose vaccine.
For proof of a negative test, guests must provide a negative COVID-19 antigen test taken within 24 hours of the performance start time, or a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours of the performance start time. COVID tests must have been administered by an official testing center.
The following April and May events will still require proof of vaccination — or proof of a negative COVID test — and masks.
- Liberty Magic: The Evasons in SECOND SIGHT — April 6-24
- “The Kid” at 100 with Dan Kamin — April 16
- Complexions Contemporary Ballet — May 7
- Doodle POP! — May 14-15
- Grimmz Fairy Tales — May 14-15
- Flutter — May 14-15
- Starshine! — May 14-15
- Won’Ma Afrika — May 14-15
- PSS PSS — May 14-15
- Mr. Messado’s School of Magic for the Young and Young at Heart — May 15 performance at the EQT Children’s Theater Festival
- Chita: A Legendary Celebration — May 23 and 24
These events, however, no longer require proof of vaccination and masks for entry:
- Pittsburgh Cultural Trust Galleries
- Trust Education Workshops
- Harris Theater films except “The Kid” at 100 with Dan Kamin
- Greer Cabaret Theater events
- BNY Mellon Presents JazzLive — April 5-May 31
- CoComelon Live JJ’s Journey — April 4
- The Bachelor Live on Stage — April 5
- Pilobolus — April 9
- Zakir Hussain in Triveni — April 12
- Brit Floyd — April 15-16
- One Night of Queen — April 18
- Harper Lee’s “To Kill a Mockingbird” — April 19-24
- Amos Lee — April 20
- Gallery Crawl in the Cultural District — April 22
- Peppa Pig’s Adventure — April 23
- Christian Sands — April 26
- “Riverdance” — April 26-28
- Last Podcast on the Left — April 29
- Rock ‘N Remember Live! — April 30
- Celtic Illusion — May 4
- Liberty Magic: Naathan Phan in THE POLYMATH OF MAGIC — May 4-29
- Professor Brian Cox – Horizons — May 5
- Ain’t Too Proud – The Life and Times of the Temptations — May 17-22
- Mr. Messado’s School of Magic for the Young and Young at Heart — all performances except May 15 performance at EQT Children’s Theater Festival
- Girls Gotta Eat — May 20
- “Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood Live!” — May 21