Allegheny County Concert Series Returns With Free Performances After Year-Long Hiatus
The popular live shows resume June 4.
After a year-long hiatus, the Allegheny Summer Concert Series will return with live performances starting June 4. Events will begin at 7:30 p.m and occur every Friday at South Park Amphitheater and every Sunday at Hartwood Acres Park Amphitheater.
The series kicks off on Friday, June 4, with a performance from Pittsburgh Opera, and will conclude on September 5 with the 21st Annual Allegheny County Music Festival. All performances will be free (with the exception of the Music Festival, which will request a $20-per-vehicle donation to benefit children receiving services from the county’s Department of Human Resources).
Allegheny County Executive Fitzgerald said in a statement that, although the county’s Special Events team has found ways to showcase performers via social media and television, such efforts can’t compare to live music.
“The Summer Concert Series is one of my favorite things about the summer, and I’m thrilled that we can once again host performers and residents for in-person events,” Fitzgerald says. “We have an exciting mix of performers with something for every music lover, no matter their age.”
Starting at 6 p.m. on concert nights, attendees will be able to purchase craft beers from Hop Brewing Farm Company. A rotating lineup of food trucks will also appear at the shows.
The event series will abide by the regulations set in place by the CDC and the state. Attendees will be asked to physically distance and remain seated while watching a performance. A section near the front of the stage will be reserved for fully vaccinated attendees, who will not be required to wear a mask.
The schedule for the Allegheny County Summer Concert Series can be found below. For more information, visit the Allegheny County website.
Live Performances at South Park Amphitheatre — Fridays @ 7:30 p.m (unless otherwise noted)
- June 4 – Pittsburgh Opera
- June 11 – Bill Toms & Hard Rain
- June 18 – The Jaggerz
- June 25 – The Vindys
- July 3 – Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra *Begins at 8:15 p.m.*
- July 9 – Albert Cummings
- July 16 – Lakeview
- July 23 – Aaron Lee Tasjan
- July 30 – Berlin featuring Terri Nunn
- August 6 – The Spinners
- August 13 – Low Cut Connie
- August 20 – Spyro Gyra
- August 27 – Shayna Steele
- September 3 – Tamburitzans
Live Performances at Hartwood Acres Park Amphitheatre — Sundays @ 7:30 p.m *(unless otherwise noted)*
- June 6 – Truth & Rites
- June 13 – River City Brass
- June 20 – Pure Gold
- June 27 – Indigo Girls
- July 4 – Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra *(Begins at 8:15 p.m.)*
- July 11 – moe
- July 18 – The Lone Bellow
- July 25 – Lisa Fischer
- August 1 – Average White Band
- August 8 – The Jayhawks
- August 15 – The Wood Brothers
- August 22 – Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre
- August 29 – The Spin Doctors
- September 5 – 21st Annual Allegheny County Music Festival with The Commonheart *(Opening acts begin at 5:00 p.m., Commonheart at 8:00 p.m.)*