You Won’t Believe What 43 Percent of Pittsburgh Dads Lied About
No, it wasn’t being a Steelers fan.
Photo via Pittsburgh Dad
Sure, we all exaggerate from time to time, especially on social media (Proust? Love Proust). But a preposterously large share of Pittsburgh’s single men have been caught lying about something pretty important — their children.
According to a survey by WhatsYourPrice.com, 43 percent of Pittsburgh males lied about not having children in their online dating profile. Overall, Pittsburgh ranked third nationwide for lying dads, just behind Columbus and Indianapolis.
Boy, we hope you weren't planning on getting dad a framed photo of yourself for Father’s Day. “Who’s that, you say? Well … Uh … Oh, that picture just came with the frame!”
Here is the full Bad Dad Hall of Shame:
1. Columbus, OH — 46 Percent
2. Indianapolis, IN — 44 Percent
3. Pittsburgh, PA — 43 Percent
4. Kansas City, MO — 40 Percent
5. Detroit, MI — 40 Percent
6. Little Rock, AK — 39 Percent
7. Tulsa, OK — 38 Percent
8. Wichita, KS — 36 Percent
9. Albuquerque, NM — 35 Percent
10. Memphis, TN — 33 Percent
#Fun: Pittsburgh Pride Festival
Yes, Pittsburgh has a lot of pride. But this weekend isn’t necessarily all about the black-and-gold. No, as the local LGBT community and its supporters assemble, it’s about pride of all colors.
With a mission to raise awareness and improve life for the local LGBT community, Pittsburgh Pride and the Delta Foundation will host the annual PrideFest on Sunday from 1 to 6:30 p.m. downtown. With various performances, including dance from Staycee Pearl Dance Project, the Pillow Project and Jasmine Hearn, plus games, food and more than 150 vendors, you’ll surely want to swing by this free event to show your support. But if you can’t make it on Sunday, there are other events leading up to the Fest.
This Friday, bar hop your way through the Strip, Lawrenceville, Shadyside, Squirrel Hill, South Side and downtown while being chauffeured through the city on a reserved bus for the Pride Pub Crawl from 8 p.m. to 2 a.m.
On Saturday, Liberty Avenue will come alive with the sounds and sights of the 21-and-up Pride in the Steets gig. Performances and appearances include British vocalist Joe McElderry, gritty drag queen Sharon Needles, internet superstars Ryan Amador and Jo Limpert, blues-pop duo David & Devine, local DJ Digital Dave and Grammy nominee Adam Lambert.
Sheesh! Pride knows how to party, and all are welcome! Click here for individual tickets, weekend-long passes and other Pride perks to support local LGBTs.
— By Krystal Hare
The return of the fountain by Dave DiCello
What’s going on today?
- Ladies bring out their craziest shoes while guys sport their coolest tie at tonight’s Shoes and Ties benefit for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation at One Oxford Center. — 5:00 p.m.
- Grab your gals and head downtown for a night of fine dining at the Carlton and musical theater at the Benedum. It’s Girls’ Night Out! — 6:00 p.m.
- Learn to speak the language of architecture, pizza and pasta at the Carnegie Library on Forbes Avenue tonight (and every second and fourth Wednesday of the month) at Italian for Beginners. — 6:30 p.m.