When to Look for Peak Fall Colors in Pittsburgh
Peak fall foliage is just around the corner.
With September halfway through, the unofficial fall season is underway and fall foliage colors are not far behind.
According to the Smoky Mountain Fall Foliage Prediction Map, Pittsburghers can expect to see the leaves changing colors as soon as Monday, Sept. 21.
Colors are predicted to hit their peak around Oct. 19.
Here’s the predicted timeline for Allegheny County:
- Sept. 21: Minimal change: a few trees begin to slightly change colors
- Sept. 28: Patchy: a mix of mostly green with sections of changing colors
- Oct. 5: Partial: many trees have changed color with some green sections remaining
- Oct. 12: Near Peak: most trees have changed color but are not at full brightness yet
- Oct. 19: Peak: the majority of trees have fully changed and are at their brightest colors
- Oct. 26: Past Peak: trees have begun to turn brown