Playing Shopoply Could Win You Free Prizes
The Pittsburgh Downtown Partnership is hoping its take on an iconic board game will promote small businesses
Visitors to the golden triangle this weekend can walk away with prizes totalling $5,000. From Noon to 4 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 12, Downtown visitors are encouraged to play Shopoply, a contest loosely based on the iconic Monopoly board game. Patrons visiting participating stores can collect stamps to be entered into a drawing for the prizes. The promotion is the brainchild of the Pittsburgh Downtown Partnership.
How to Play
Each participant should pick up a game card from Market Square or any of the participating retailers. Completed cards can be returned at any of those locations. Once they have the game card, shoppers can collect stamps color-coded by location. The more colors a player has on their card, the more prizes they can win.
To qualify for Prize Level 1, a participant must have at least one brown (Penn Avenue), green (Fifth Avenue), orange (Fourth Avenue), red (Forbes Avenue), purple (Liberty Avenue) and yellow (Smithfield Street) stamp.
To be entered for Prize Level 2, the participant must have at least one light blue (Wood Street), dark blue (Sixth Street), magenta (Market Square) and purple (Liberty Avenue) stamp.
The grand prize level requires at least one stamp of each color.
All participants must be at least 18 years old to enter and there is no purchase necessary to win.
The first prize tier has three packages:
- Package 1: $150 in gift certificates from Oliver Flower Shop, a $100 gift card to Boutique la Passerelle and a $100 gift certificate to Peter Lawrence Women’s Apparel.
- Package 2: A $100 Market St. Grocery gift card and a $100 Heinz Healey’s gift card.
- Package 3: A leather hobo-style tote bag and $100 gift certificate from Fresh Nostalgia, plus a $50 gift certificate from Nicholas Coffee & Tea Co.
The second prize tier also has three packages:
- Package 1: A one night stay at the Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel, a $100 HeidiOptics gift card and a $150 Joseph Orlando Clothiers gift card.
- Package 2: A $100 love, Pittsburgh gift card, a $50 Sinful Sweets gift card, a $100 PG&H gift card, a $60 Steel City gift card; two free milkshake vouchers and two boxes of chocolates from The Milk Shake Factory; and a bag of coffee with a $20 gift card from Rock ‘n’ Joe Coffee.
- Package 3: A $100 gift certificate from 306 Forbes Boutique & Brow Bar.
The grand prize tier has two prizes:
- Package 1: A free one night stay at the Hotel Monaco plus dinner for two at The Commoner, along with a luxury scarf and $350 in gift cards from Larrimor’s.
- Package 2: A diamond ring from Rothschild Trading Company and Brooks Diamonds valued at $2,500.
Several of the participating businesses are also offering free gifts and discounts for the event. Free tote bags are also available.
All free gifts and promotional offers are first come first serve.
Winners will be drawn Sept. 14 and contacted the following day.