Pittsburgh-Area High Schools That Earn the Best Test Scores
An analysis of data from the Pennsylvania Department of Education reveals which high schools are making the grade.
The Pittsburgh Business Times recently ranked 50 Pittsburgh-area high schools on how their 11th grade students performed on standardized test scores and the PA Core Standards.
The data comes from the Pennsylvania Department of Education, which released the 2016 School Performance Profile scores of each school in the state. In a statement, Pennsylvania Education Secretary Pedro A. Rivera did not say exactly how the scores are calculated but that “the SPP uses a formula that is heavily dependent on standardized test scores. At Gov. Wolf’s direction, the department has been engaged in a dialogue with stakeholders for over a year to determine how to make the SPP a better, more holistic measure.”
Using that criteria, here are the top 10 Pittsburgh-area high schools:
- Upper St. Clair High School
- Fox Chapel Area Senior High School
- Franklin Regional Senior High School
- Blackhawk High School
- Avonworth Senior High School
- Norwin Senior High School
- Baldwin Senior High School
- North Allegheny Senior High School
- Pine-Richland High School
- Mt. Lebanon Senior High School
See the rest of the list here.