5 Must-See Events at the Three Rivers Regatta in Pittsburgh
The EQT Pittsburgh Three Rivers Regatta celebrates its 40th anniversary this weekend
photo courtesy Red Bull
With boat races, jet ski stunt shows, live performances and more, the EQT Pittsburgh Three Rivers Regatta is set to be a major summer attraction in and around the point.
There’s a full slate of events and performances scheduled for Friday-Sunday (check out the calendar here), but here are the five we think cannot be missed:
- Flugtag. Red Bull brings this highly entertaining event to Pittsburgh for the first time. Flugtag — which means “Flying Day” in German — offers teams the chance to build a human-powered flying craft and compete for glory. Read more and see video of one of last year’s winners here.
- Easton Corbin and Smash Mouth. The country star and ‘90s rock kings will perform on the main stage Friday and Saturday night. The acts are free and open to the public, but if you want to be close to the stage, you can purchase tickets for the pit area for $25.
- Kids Zone. The regatta offers fun events for kids of any age to keep your children entertained throughout the weekend. Check the schedule of events for activities featured each day.
- ALCOSAN 3 Rivers Proud Anything That Floats Race. Grab a team and any household items you think may float for this annual tradition. The winners will receive up to $2,500 to donate to a charity of their choice.
- Nutrish Frisbee Dogs. Who doesn’t love dogs, let alone dogs running around catching frisbees? Catch these superstar pups in Point State Park all weekend for a cuteness overload.
Any updates to the schedule due to weather or other circumstances can be found on the EQT Pittsburgh Three Rivers Regatta Facebook page.