Neighborhood Legal Services
Enrich a Senior’s Life. Add Fulfillment to Yours.
Working as a volunteer with seniors is an honor, a pleasure, and a chance to receive far more than you give.
We offer a number of volunteer experiences and work with senior adults to ensure we match your skills, desires, talents, and time frame with our many volunteer opportunities.
Adults and children are welcome. So are civic groups, social action fraternities, and sororities. In addition, we welcome pets who are trained therapy animals.
At a Glance
Ways You Can Make a Difference
- Participate in Generation-to-Generation (G2G) intergenerational programs.
- Provide companionship.
- Read to residents.
- Take residents outdoors to enjoy our gardens.
- Help with activities – art therapy, discussion groups, sing-alongs, picnics, crafts, exercise groups, trips, and more.
- Assist with personal care activities such as manicures.
- Write letters.
- Help with special events.
- Escort residents to activities or therapy sessions.
- Visit and translate for residents speaking languages such as Russian and Yiddish.
- Sew walker bags or knit blankets.
- Play card games, Scrabble, chess, mah jong, and poker.
- Participate in our pet therapy program.
- Welcome/orient new residents and their families to our residences.
- Help office staff, acknowledge donations, assemble mailings, answer phones, and assist with clerical duties.
- Pitch in on holidays or during snow emergencies.
- Adopt a grandparent.
Not sure how you might fit in?
For more information about volunteering, contact Sharyn Rubin, director of resident and community services at 412-521-1171 or email@example.com, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
For more information — click here.
Address: 928 Penn Avenue, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania