Without volunteers, Animal Friends simply could not be the progressive, successful organization it is today. Our dedicated volunteers are committed to spending time with our residents, bringing pet therapy to those who need it most, lending a hand at a low-cost clinic, greeting guests at our signature gala and everything in between. Every single hour they give is simply invaluable to our mission.
To become a volunteer with Animal Friends, you must:
- Be at least 13 years of age or older.
- RSVP and attend the Getting Started Orientation (using the “Start Your Application” button below).
- If you wish to work directly with the animals, additional training must be completed following the orientation. Animal handlers are asked to make a monthly commitment to the volunteer program.
- If you wish to become a Volunteer Foster, you must attend a foster training workshop after you have completed your orientation.
- Have a genuine interest in animal welfare and Animal Friends’ mission and vision.
Address: 562 Camp Horne Road, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15237