Individual Volunteer Opportunities
Angels’ Place has ample opportunities for you at our Swissvale or North Side Centers or even from the comfort of your home.
- Maintenance, we always need help with simple jobs both inside and outside.
- You can be a mentor and role model for one of our incredible student parents.
- You can help instill a love of learning in the children by volunteering in one of our classrooms.
- You can help organize a fundraising event that’s truly special!
Group Volunteer Opportunities
Does your school, church or organization raise funds for charity? By featuring Angels’ Place as the beneficiary, money or contributed items collected can help make available much-needed services to enrolled families.
- Car Wash – Organize a car wash for a great cause.
- Holiday Flower Sale – Sell flowers around Easter, Mother’s Day or Valentine’s Day and donate the proceeds to Angels’ Place.
- Kisses from Kids – Have your group raise money for Angels’ Place at a church, grocery store, etc. and thank donors with chocolate kisses.
- Dress Down Day – Arrange with a company or school to allow employees or students to dress casually for a day in exchange for a small donation to Angels’ Place.
- Dime Wars – Have a contest to see who can collect the most dimes and then donate them to Angels’ Place at the end of the competition.
- Baby Shower – Host a baby shower in which guests bring items that the youngest children at Angels’ Place can use – baby food, bibs, baby wipes, and diapers (especially sizes 3, 4, 5 and 6).
- Donuts for Donations – Ask members to make a non perishable food donation in order to enjoy a treat at a gathering or after a meeting or church service.
- Neighborhood Collection – Let neighbors know in advance that group members will be going door-to-door to collect contributions of children’s clothing and diapers, non-perishable food items, paper products, and money.
- Brainstorm locations for collection bins labeled for donations of large size diapers, baby wipes, paper products, art supplies and non perishable food.
Learn more: angelsplacepgh.org/get-invovled/volunteers/
Address: 2615 Norwood Avenue, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15210