Allegheny Health Network Launches Video Visits
It's not always easy or convenient to get to the doctor's office. You've got a busy schedule, and sometimes prioritizing your own health can be a challenge, even if you're not feeling well.
Now you can securely connect with AHN clinicians via a Video Visit for a variety of acute medical symptoms, such as sinus problems or back pain. Through the convenience of a computer, tablet, or mobile device, you'll be just a few clicks away from getting the care you need, when you need it.
All users need a MyChart account to take advantage of this feature. Click here to sign up if you don't have one already.
To schedule an AHN Video Visit online:
- Login to MyChart from your personal mobile device, tablet, or video-enabled computer.
- From the Visits tab, select Virtual Care.
- Check the box to verify you are in the state of Pennsylvania.
- Click the Schedule a Video Visit button to set up an appointment.
To schedule an AHN Video Visit through the MyChart app:
- From the MyChart app, tap the Appointments button.
- Tap the Schedule an Appointment button.
- At the bottom of the screen, select Virtual Care Mobile.
These visits are convenient, personalized care for patients. Providers review patients' medical history prior to the visit to allow for a more efficient evaluation of the condition.
The cost of Video Visits depends on your insurance coverage. Certain plans (including most Highmark plans) consider it a covered benefit, in which case you would pay the cost of your primary care physician copay. In most cases, the maximum out-of-pocket cost of a Video Visit is $49.
Video Visits are available Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., as well as weekend coverage from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
If you have additional questions, such as covered symptoms or hardware requirements, please visit the MyChart FAQs page.
Sponsored content is created and paid for by the marketer.